This training is primarily designed for physicians, psychiatrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, mental health and substance abuse counselors providing outreach and care for persons experiencing homelessness. Additionally, any employee or volunteer of an HCH network agency such as front desk or office staff would also benefit from this training.
After participating in this training, participants should be able to:
- Define MI and its relevance in the homeless health care setting for promoting patient change
- Describe techniques necessary for effective MI encounters
- Practice MI techniques in simulated HCH setting
- Plan personal use/incorporation of MI techniques in actual HCH setting
- List current questions regarding use of MI techniques in actual HCH setting(s)
- Rate self knowledge of MI techniques and their use in HCH settings.
To Take the Course
- Go to the course.
- Follow the instructions and proceed through the course. Work at your own pace. You can return to the course anytime to complete the modules.
Please contact Patrina Twilley, email@example.com, if you have any technical difficulties or questions about the course.