Services Provided to Shelters By The TennCare Shelter Enrollment Project
How can the TennCare Shelter Enrollment Project
serve your shelter staff and residents?
- Resident Trainings: we can come to your shelter on a quarterly basis and conduct a 1 hour training for your clients. Email Cindy at email@example.com to schedule a training or find out more. The following resident trainings are offered:
- Homeless and Healthy – Keeping Your Kids Mentally and Physically Healthy in a Shelter Environment (1 hour) Simple, practical things that parents can do to help their children stay healthy in a community living environment. This training is designed to encourage and uplift parents who are navigating shelter life, while identifying easy ways to keep kids healthy emotionally and physically.
- Shelter Health and Domestic Violence (1 hour) This training discusses safety planning specific to health related issues. Practical ways to maintain your physical and emotional health (and that of your children) while in a relationship that includes domestic violence.
- TennCare, Medicaid, and Health Care for the Uninsured (1 hour) This training is designed for parents, unaccompanied youth, and those without children and discusses the healthcare and health coverage options available to all. This class includes a lecture format as well as plenty of time for discussion, questions, and tips from clients.
- Staff Trainings: we can meet with your staff, at your facility, to provide information and updates on TennCare as well as other health care for the homeless related topics. Email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training. The following sessions are available, free of charge, to your staff:
- Communicable Disease Control in Shelter (1 hour) Lice, scabies, influenza and similar diseases can cause chaos in a shelter environment. Learn how to prevent, identify, and respond to the most common and most feared communicable diseases in the shelter setting.
- Creating a Culture of Health (1 hour) Identify practices and policies that create and nurture an environment that is physically and emotionally healthy for both residents and staff.
- Assisting a Client in a Mental Health Crisis (1 hour) Identify the warning signs of a mental health crisis (panic attack, psychosis, suicide) and learn how to respond in a way that is healthy for all those in shelter and reduces the risk of incarceration.
- TennCare, The Marketplace, and Health Care for the Uninsured (1 hour) Understand the health coverage and health care options available to your clients – who is eligible, how to enroll, and how to keep clients from losing coverage.
- Regional Trainings: we offer annual trainings in your area to bring to the table staff from nearby shelters to discuss the health needs of children who are living in shelters
- Enrollment Events: if you have individuals or families in your program who are not enrolled in Tenncare, we can come to your facility and assist clients in the process of enrolling in TennCare or the Marketplaces
- Mobile Health Screenings: we can bring mobile health services to your shelter and conduct medical screenings for your pediatric and adolescent clients
- Troubleshooting: if you have a question about TennCare, feel free to call or email anytime! We are here to assist you with the healthcare needs of your clients!
For more information or to utilize services, email Cindy Manginelli at email@example.com