Healing Hands | Fall 2015
Healing Hands, a publication of the HCH Clinicians’ Network
Dental and Vision Care for Homeless Patients | Volume 19, number 2
Healing Hands is designed by homeless health care professionals for homeless health care professionals, particularly clinicians and their support staff, across the U.S. This publication is designed to help learners understand and apply information about effective delivery of health care to homeless patients.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and the National Health Care for the Homeless Council. Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Course Director: Jule West, MD, Assistant Professor, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Planner: Sapna Bamrah, MD, Medical Officer, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Planner: Lynda Bascelli, MD, Medical Director, Project HOPE
- Planner: Pooja Bhalla, RN, BSN, Chief Operating Officer, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- Planner: Lily Catalano, BA, Project Manager, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Planner: Dawn M. Cogliser, MSN, FNP-BC, RN-BC, Medical Unit Manager, Hillside-Options for Southern Oregon
- Planner: Brian Colangelo, LCSW, Social Worker, Project HOPE
- Planner: Marissa Cruz, RN, PHN, MS, CNS, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center
- Planner: Bob Donovan, MD, Physician, Cincinnati Health Network, Inc., Health Resource Center
- Planner: Kent Forde, MPH, Public Health Analyst, Health Resources & Services Administration
- Planner: Amy Grassette, Past Chair, National Consumer Advisory Board
- Planner: Ansell Horn, RN, NP, PhD, Nurse Practitioner, Lutheran Family Health Centers Community Medicine Program
- Planner: Missy Jean, PhD, Writer
- Planner: Aaron Kalinowski, MD, Medical Director, Horizon House
- Planner: Katy Kelleghan, Director of Community Health Initiatives, Heartland Health Outreach
- Planner: John Lozier, MSSW, Executive Director, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Planner: Michelle Nance, NP, RN, Nurse Practitioner, San Francisco Department Public Health, Housing & Urban Health
- Planner: Eowyn Reike, MD, MPH, Associate Medical Director of Primary Care, Old Town Clinic, Central City Concern
- Planner: Rachel Rodriguez-Marzec, MS, FNP-C, PMHNP-C, Nurse Practitioner, Young Children’s Health Center, UNM
- Jennifer Stout, LICSW, MLADC, Therapist, Pinewood Medical Center
To obtain CME credit for your participation in this activity, you must:
- read the article
- click on the link to the Vanderbilt CME website (you will be required to create a login)
- complete the post-test with a passing score of at least 80%
- evaluate the activity
- your credit will be immediately available online
The release date for this enduring material is September 14, 2015. Credit expires on September 13, 2016.
For additional information, contact Lily Catalano at firstname.lastname@example.org.