Job Requisition #17-0098 – 17-0103
Application Deadline: Until Filled
All people share a powerful need for the basic necessities of a good life and a place that understands that good health starts with a caring touch and a kind word. For over 45 years, the Community Health Centers of Burlington (CHCB) has provided access to high quality health care regardless of financial status or life circumstance. We strive to improve the health of all within the communities we serve in an environment that conveys respect, offers support, and encourages people to be actively involved in their own health care.
CHCB is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center with eight sites throughout Chittenden Country and southern Grand Isle County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be part of a community solution and help us end homelessness. Seeking staff for CHCB’s low barrier, warming shelter project opening in November. Evening and overnight shifts available 7 days a week. Candidates must be comfortable with people experiencing homelessness, willing to be trained and support our program model. Background in social services, outreach or hands on delivery of services to vulnerable populations preferred but not required. Currently temporary positions ending April 1 2018, but potential for long term employment is possible.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social work or another human service related field preferred, a strong history appropriate experience could compensate for human service education. A minimum of 1 year of human service experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to meet clients “where they are” both literally and figuratively, working with a diverse population of clients with a variety of challenges, including, but not limited to substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills that include basic ability to moderate and de- escalate as needed.
- Strong communication skills, including active listening, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work.
- Ability to identify the need to seek higher level supervision when needed and appropriate.
To apply for this position, please send a resume/c.v. and cover letter to: HR@CHCB.org
The Human Resources Department will contact applicants who have been chosen to continue through the applicant selection process.