Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Clinical Administration with support from the Director of Grants Management, the WIC Director will plan, direct, coordinate, implement and evaluate the services provided by the WIC program. This position will be instrumental in the administrative management and coordination of Unity’s WIC program. The Director will interact with internal team members and external partners and stakeholders, including but not limited to government representatives, community based partners and the general community.
- Oversees and provides administrative management of Unity’s WIC program.
- Collaborates with the WIC Coordinator and Breastfeeding Coordinator to formulate, organize, and evaluate Unity’s WIC program.
- Monitors compliance for all federal, state, local requirements related to management of Unity’s WIC program.
- Supervises WIC program staff, including the WIC Coordinator, Breastfeeding Coordinator, WIC nutritionists and support staff.
- Supervises the activities of the WIC staff for compliance with WIC program guidelines and Unity policies and procedures.
- Periodically assesses and evaluates staff performance through meetings and file reviews to ensure program fidelity.
- Works with staff to plan outreach, breastfeeding and nutrition education activities.
- Uses staff evaluations to plan training and in-service activities.
- Works with WIC Coordinator and Site leadership to plan WIC programming and staffing to ensure prompt, quality services that meet the needs of the population.
- Coordinates services and referrals with other programs to effectively support patient needs.
- Works with site leadership teams to identify and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Develops and utilizes available data and reports to evaluate the success of the program.
- Evaluates client services through observation, file review and reports to ensure optimal delivery of services.
- Meets regularly with staff to monitor clinics for compliance with USDA WIC standards, WIC State Agency Standards, and other appropriate policy, procedures and regulations.
- Monitors operational details for all sites including productivity, scheduling, staffing, and quality improvement.
- Oversees program growth to meet needs of participants, including development of innovative methods to provide services.
- Manages activities related to outreach, marketing, and public relations with the goal of increasing program participation.
- Directs all aspects of program contract, including funding applications, budget development and management.
- Conducts personnel processes such as recruitment, selection, orientation, corrective action, documentation, and termination in coordination with the WIC Coordinator.
- Develops approved program budget in consultation with accounting staff and WIC Coordinator.
- Prepares program for biannual program evaluations and submits corrective action plan for any required action findings.
- Monitors caseload benchmarks and ensures program is meeting state-mandated caseload requirements.
- Composes grant proposals to obtain additional revenue sources for special projects.
- Develops and delivers trainings for program staff and participants at various locations.
- Complies with all agency, state, and federal policies, procedures, protocols, and regulations.
- Serves as part of WIC Administrative Team to make managerial decisions and provide leadership for program.
- Engages in ongoing communication with supervisor about program progress, including but not limited to successes and challenges
- Performs other duties related to the management of WIC programs
- Consistently exercises discretion and sound judgment to analyze and, interpret and act.
- Evaluates possible courses of action and makes decisions for the best outcomes for the team and organization.
- Strives to maintain updated knowledge on all existing and emerging topics regarding the Supplemental Nutrition program (may include but not limited to topics such as wellness, nutrition, women, infant and children).
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, relationships and professional stature.
- Attends meetings to ensure integration of program services into Unity site operations and engages in creating and maintaining a culture of excellence.
- Coordinates with other Unity Departments as appropriate to support services coordination and integration of WIC services across the organization.
- Serves on Unity Committees as elected by supervisor.
- Participates in strategic planning by making recommendations for programmatic and service priorities and opportunities to the Strategic Development Department.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition Science, or Dietetics, Registered Dietitian-eligible preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in program management.
- Minimum of two years of experience with WIC or other maternal and child health programs, with a particular preference for experience with breastfeeding support.
- Minimum of one year of experience in working with indigent individuals and in community service settings or service organizations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Strong understanding of the concepts and practices associated with effective program management.
- High degree of customer services skills and a philosophy to include professionalism, responsiveness and follow-through.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high degree of initiative and to practice planning and learning.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Strong ability to effectively use technology and computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information; prepare reports and correspondence; comprehend and make inferences from written materials; and interpret federal state and local government laws and regulations.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.