Department: Social Services
Schedule: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Social Services, the Social Services Clinical Supervisor will assume supervisory responsibility for areas of service related to HIV, homeless, adolescents, obstetrics, reentry, and insurance enrollment within the Department of Social Services, and additional areas as assigned. In addition, he/she will assist with the development of social service policies and procedures, staff development, provides clinical supervision hours of licensed graduate staff, and quality improvement activities.
- Assists in determining case management policies and procedures related to HIV, homeless, adolescents, obstetrics, reentry, insurance enrollment, and other areas as assigned.
- Manages all aspects of social service delivery related to special populations; conducts regular chart audits; ensures compliance with grant-mandated deliverables including reports.
- Assists the Director of Social Services to plan and lead staff meetings and training sessions.
- Assists staff to develop and implement health center based support groups.
- Responsible for staff development and supervision related to assigned service areas and staff.
- Provides billable services at assigned site(s) four sessions per week and assists with coverage of sites as needed.
- Provides support to social service staff with eClinical Works (eCW); attains super-user status.
- Documents encounters, completes billing process, and locks notes accurately and according to procedure.
- Responds to telephone encounters and actions in eCW according to procedure.
- Assists with departmental quality improvement activities.
- Represents the department at internal and community meetings as assigned; ensures that staff have information available on all community resources and programs.
- Assesses the training needs of case managers and recommends training.
- Conducts training sessions in additional areas as needed.
- Assists with case management of challenging clients and situations.
- Assists with hiring, training and evaluating of social service staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Master’s degree in Social Work from accredited college or university.
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in the District of Columbia.
- Must have 5+ years of relevant work experience in human services with at least 5 years of case management experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Experience working in health care setting.
- Experience managing social worker and case manager staff.
- Experience working with specialized population including HIV, homeless, addictions.
- Experience in a multi-site setting.
To apply please visit the listing at Unity Health Care.