Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 11pm – 7:30am
The Registered Nurse-Medical shall provide the Department of Corrections, Central Detention Facility, Health Services Division, comprehensive medical care as delineated by UHC. Under the general direction of the Charge Nurse, the Registered Nurse is capable of providing assessment. Planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. The Staff Nurse supervises the Medical Assistant staff when indicated. He/She must be skilled in completing nursing assessment, performing routine nursing procedures such as venipunture, IV insertion, and triage of patients.
Required Education/Required Training:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (PN, AAS, BSN)
- Licensed or eligibility as Registered Nurse in DC
- Current BLS + AED CPR certification
- Minimum 1 year of recent acute care experience in medical surgical, emergency care or urgent care.
- Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred. *For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.