Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am – 5pm
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Obtains clinical histories.
- Performs full range of psychiatric services to include: examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
- Determines tests needed, orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
- Assists the in the development of comprehensive and therapeutic treatment plans for an assigned caseload and provides direct services based on established treatment.
- Evaluates psychotropic medication needs of UHC patients and recommend the appropriate treatments to patients.
- Manages on-site crisis intervention.
- Periodically monitors, records, and provides appropriate feedback on clinical service delivery by the mental health team.
- Conduct peer review and quality improvement activities on a regular basis.
- Attends meetings as assigned.
- Prepares formal written reports on evaluations and recommendations for the authorized referral agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Nurse Practitioner degree in Psychiatry from an accredited institution, and current DC Licensure required.
- Must have Federal DEA and District CDS certificates.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.