Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our CREED which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large:
Our mission is only made possible through the efforts of a compassionate staff that exemplify our values (known as the CREED ) in our interactions with internal and external stakeholders:
- Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
- Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
- Empathy-Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
- Empowerment-Helping others to help themselves.
- Dignity-All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
Flexible Work Arrangements
Work/life integration is valued by Father Joe’s Villages. As a result, some programs allow a flexible work schedule to accommodate educational or other personal interests. Please check with your supervisor if you are interested in working a modified schedule.
This member of the St. Vincent de Paul Village Family Health Center (“Health Center”) multi-disciplinary team will provide the full scope of Nurse Practitioner services, which fall under h/er training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care, and health maintenance to patients. This clinical team member is expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Health Center. The Nurse Practitioner must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Health Center policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Outreach and engage patients with concern for their health and social support needs;
- Obtain health histories, and perform physical and psychological examinations;
- Assess and treat common acute and/or chronic illnesses, according to his/her training and board certification;
- Conduct health screening services, when necessary;
- Prescribe medication in accordance with California statute and professional practice guidelines;
- Refer patients, when necessary, to specialty services not offered in the Health Center;
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner;
- Ensure clear, accurate, and timely documentation in electronic health record and/or paper charts of all patient care, in accordance with Health Center policy and procedures.
- Maintain clear, consistent communications with multi-disciplinary team members and actively participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team;
- Work closely with Project 25 Team members ensuring Project 25 clients have adequate access to health and behavioral health care in the Health Center.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and trainings, as required;
- May be required to participate in Village-wide activities and/or committees;
- Perform in other activities as assigned by supervisor and other management, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner License
- Current and unrestricted D.E.A. license
- Experience providing high-quality health care to a multi-cultural population
- Interest in caring for homeless population in a community-based setting
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Federally-qualified health center experience preferred
- Bilingual/bi-cultural in English/Spanish highly desirable
To apply please view the listing at Father Joe’s Villages.