Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Various (days, evenings, nights)
Hours: 12 noon – 8:30pm
The Pharmacy Technician performs a full range of clinical and technical of pharmaceutical care services in the pharmacy department of the Unity Health Services Division at the Department of Correction (DOC) Central Detention and Treatment facilities.
- Receives and reviews individual orders for the inmates.
- Accesses, retrieves, and inputs prescription orders for the inmates.
- Prepares prescriptions by counting the exact number of dosages to be dispensed.
- Prepares unit dose medications.
- Prepares watch-take medications.
- Refers doctors’ calls and customer medical questions to the Pharmacist.
- Implements inventory control, procedures, and ordering stock within Unity and other regulatory guidelines under the direction of the Pharmacist.
- Performs regular checks for expired medications in the pharmacy and other nursing areas to drug stock for integrity, safety, and expiration dating.
- Delivers medications to the inmates.
- Provides technical assistance to the Pharmacist.
- Maintains database for data integrity and adherence to user standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technical Computer skills, including working knowledge with relational databases.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals and general pharmacy practice operational standards.
- Knowledge of Federal and DC Government regulations and guidelines pertaining to pharmacy.
- Minimum of high school diploma/GED.
- Pharmacy Technician Certified (preferred).
- Minimum of 6 months of experience as Pharmacy Technician in hospital, outpatient, or retail pharmacy.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.