Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 7:45 am – 4:15 pm
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Medical Assistant I
- Maintains patient and Electronic Health Record (EHR) confidentiality.
- Prepares patient and EHR for provider visit, reports special problems or complaints to the provider, and assists during exam as needed.
- Accurately performs and documents basic vital signs, height, weight, chief complaint, and initiates appropriate medical and social history for adult and pediatric patients.
- Performs routine lab and patient procedures (i.e. standing orders, urine dipsticks, phlebotomy, finger/heel sticks, injections/immunizations, and EKG).
- Maintains proper cleanliness and organization of office and medical areas including proactively restocking supplies.
- Assists with processing appropriate referrals and appointments for patients, obtaining authorizations as needed, and follows up to determine if appointments were kept as scheduled.
- Communicates and assists in effective discharge of the patient.
- Follows Universal Precautions and Unity Health Care policies and procedures.
- Participates in clinic record keeping including medical and operational logs.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program with diploma.
- Registered Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current BLS + AED CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Must successfully pass Unity Medical Assistant screening test.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
- Willingness to articulate Unity’s mission through his/her work.
Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred. *For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.