Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Under the supervision of the Clinical Coordinator at Patricia Handy, the Medical Assistant Clinical Lead provides clinical expertise in supply and medication ordering, coordination with the N Street Village staff, coordination with hospitals and community organizations for patient admissions. Working with health care providers and other health center employees, the Clinical Lead is an integral part of the patient care team. The Clinical Lead is directly responsible for, but not limited to, overseeing clinical and operational processes as supply ordering, care coordination, referral tracking, medication ordering, registration of patients for walk-in clinic, appointment scheduling, communicating with N Street Village staff daily about the needs of the respite patients.
- Leads with a servant leadership model of care.
- Monitors vital signs of medical respite patients daily.
- Coordinates admissions to the medical respite program.
- Schedules and tracks appointments for patients in the medical respite program.
- Registers patients following the standard operating procedures for the walk-in clinic.
- Orders and stocks clinic supplies and medications.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds with Unity and N Street Village staff.
- Acts as a preceptor for newly hired staff members.
- Serves as a resource for nursing and site leadership providing input and participating in pilot-projects.
- Provides leadership to medical assistants on clinical operations in the patient care setting including onitoring and evaluation of Unity policies and procedures, clinical processes and outcomes.
- Serves as liaison between Unity Healthcare and N Street Village staff.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Coordinator on a daily basis for center operations and problem solving, and demonstrates the ability to resolve problems.
- Monitors clinical processes and documentation for completion and accuracy.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance site audit process and regularly participates in the Unity-wide QI Committee and working groups.
- Collaborates with clinical team and oversees and implements Medical Assistant role on pre-visit planning care coordination… Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program with diploma.
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant preferred.
- Two years of experience as a MA.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current BLS + AED CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Willingness to articulate Unity’s mission through his/her work.
- Must have demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in training and precepting
- Demonstrated knowledge and execution of MA function, tasks, and workflow.
- Excellent attendance records.
- No adverse notations/records of disciplinary action on file.
- Above average performance appraisal.
- Recommendation from Health Center Director.
- One recommendation from Health Care Provider.
- Successful completion of Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification as designated by the National Healthcareer Association.
- Completion of training program by the Nursing Education Department.
- Completion of all required annual competency assessment programs.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.