Job Title: Executive Assistant
FLSA Status: Non–Exempt
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The National Health Care for the Homeless Council is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant who upholds a strict level of confidentiality and displays initiative. The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility will be assisting the CEO and the Senior Director of Administration to perform many administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing a heavy, multi-faceted workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced business environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven national non-profit organization with a competitive compensation package in Nashville, TN.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist CEO in prioritizing and keeping track of tasks, deadlines, and deliverables;
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, monitoring, screening and responding to CEO’s emails and calls;
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for the Council as needed;
- Schedule CEO’s meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries and expense reports;
- Assist in arranging and coordinating agency events;
- Maintain filing system(s) of paper and electronic documents for CEO;
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents;
- Research, collect and analyze data for reports for CEO;
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of Board and staff meetings;
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors, as needed;
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels and interact with external clients;
- Co-ordinate project-based work as needed;
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary;
- Will work with Admin Team on tasks as needed; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 4 years’ experience reporting directly to senior management.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite and the ability to become proficient with firm-specific programs and software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities including gathering relevant information
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with friendly and professional demeanor;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Very well-organized and able to help organize the CEO; and
- Good judgment and decision-making ability and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
To apply please send a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to MRice@nhchc.org.
The deadline to apply (Dec. 31, 2017) has passed.