Schedule: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Nursing Education, the Clinical Educator is responsible for providing education, training, and support to medical assistants and nurses leading monthly and other scheduled nursing trainings/meetings and offering ongoing training to providers, nurses (RNs and LPNs), and medical assistants (MAs). The Medical Support Trainer will work closely with the Associate Directors of Nursing and Clinical/Medical leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides on-site training to care teams and individuals at the different community health centers as directed by the Associate Director of Nursing Education or a member of the Clinical/Medical team.
- Supports health center leadership with the implementation of new training initiatives by working at the team level to insure understanding and consistency of effort.
- Assists with the development and implementation of ongoing routine training for all clinical support staff.
- Collaborates with internal and external clinical organizations to provide specialized training and competencies.
- Applies adult learning concepts and conducts and delivers training in various formats such as one-on-one, teams, large groups, and remotely.
- Provides on-site support to reinforce practical application of policies/procedures, clinical workflows, EMR, Patient Centered Medical Home practices, and configuration and Meaningful Use team trainings.
- Assists with monitoring, coordinating and implementing continuing education for all nursing staff, primarily during monthly discipline meetings.
- Assists in the development of training modules for nursing and medical assistant and clinical staff.
- Updates and maintains records of training, competencies, and assessments for all nursing and medical assistant staff.
- In coordination with site nurse managers, assists with ongoing and yearly competency of MAs, LPNs and RNs , performing assessments and audits, as needed.
- Serves as a member of one or more committees to enhance organization-wide clinical education.
- Provides direct care to patients as scheduled.
To apply, please view the listing at Unity Health Care.