Department: Behavioral Health
Schedule: Full Time, M-F
Shift: Days (some early morning & evening may be required as needed)
West County Health Centers is recruiting a mission-driven, clinically excellent behavioral health professional who is passionate about working with a diverse underserved population in rural western Sonoma County. The Behavioral Health Specialist is a member of the Health Care for the Homeless care team and is responsible for providing behavioral health care for individuals, couples, families and groups of patients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
As an integral part of the Primary Care Team, you will:
• Work with Medical, Behavioral Health and other staff to provide outreach, assessment, intervention, and brief and ongoing behavioral health services to patients with medical and behavioral health concerns within the primary care and homeless health care settings
• Participate in care coordination, patient education, and information and referral.
• Provide facilitation of groups for individuals with similar diagnosis and symptoms.
• Provide crisis assessment and intervention and be available for warm hand-offs from primary care staff.
• Engage collaboratively with community-based agencies to assure continuity and coordination of care for your patients.
• Invest in long-term relationships with a diverse group of patients over time to develop a trusting, healing environment for patients to thrive.
West County Health Centers is dedicated to wellness, compassion, affordability and excellence within a comprehensive care delivery structure. You will be part of a strong Behavioral Health Care team made up of Psychiatry, Clinical Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Substance Abuse specialists who assist patients needing support to manage behavioral, medical and mental health care needs. This team works collaboratively with a dedicated and skilled Primary Care Team comprised of Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, and Medical Assistants. Our Wellness Center works with patients who are interested in integrating complementary modalities such as Homeopathy, Osteopathy, Acupuncture and herbal remedies into their health care approach. We collaborate with a number of regional health partners to provide comprehensive health care services for our patients.
We have strategically positioned West County Health Centers on the leading edge of Primary Care transformation and development of the Patient Centered Health Home. We are convinced that it is the future of healthcare – because it is the right thing for our patients.
Requirements of this position include:
• Possession of clinical licensure in good standing for the State of California for Social Work (LCSW) or Psychology (PhD/PsyD).
• Experience working with diverse populations providing individual, family and couples’ counseling.
• Experience in health care settings, homelessness and behavioral health care preferred.
• Bilingual/bicultural in Spanish strongly desired
To apply please view the listing at West County Health Centers.