Schedule: Full Time
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Medical Officer (DCMO) for Medical Administration, the Associate Director of Nursing (ADON) Education is responsible for the orientation, training, and development of clinical staff including Medical Assistants, RNs, and LPNs contributing as well to interprofessional training for other disciplines, in conjunction with the Nurse Managers and Health Center Directors. The Associate Director of Nursing for Education is responsible for competency testing, education coordination, and staff development. The ADON works closely with the Quality Improvement department in level III Patient Centered Medical Home recognition and with the Quality Director for the My Health GPS program. This includes creating a nursing environment in which collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care and education is promoted and achieved.
- Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the discipline of Nursing, and collaborates on the implementation of strategies to achieve them.
- Provides leadership and direction for the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellence in Nursing; including oversight and recommendations regarding compensation and benefit programs for nursing staff.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and development of standards of care for nursing staff in relationship to District, Federal, and/or Unity Health Care policies/regulations.
- Assures that all nursing and medical assistants are trained and services provided are in compliance with all applicable standards and requirements of all applicable regulatory bodies.
- Promotes and fosters a multidisciplinary approach to patient care and the coordination of care among disciplines for the sustainability of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and the My Health GPS (MHGPS) program.
- Rotates through Unity Health Care centers to evaluate proper implementation, use, and coordination of policies and procedures for nursing and medical assistant staff.
- Plans, oversees, and/or conducts all orientations, clinical trainings, competencies, and clinical licensures compliance for nursing/medical assistant staff.
- Coordinates and oversees special clinical projects, programs, and grants, and any other specific programs assigned.
- Develops and implements an annual plan for all meetings and routine training for all nursing/medical assistant support staff.
- Collaborates with the Health Information team and ensures efficient, coordinated, standardized, and compliant use and development of the Electronic Medical Record as a subject matter expert for the nursing staff.
- Develops monthly staff education for all RNs, LPNs, and MAs and specific discipline or topic-based training as needs arise.
- Coordinates with the ADON for Clinical Services and Quality Director (My Health GPS) to provide clinical leadership and provides guidance.
- Supervises the Clinical Educator and others as assigned.
- Assists with the recruitment, placement, and follow-up of nursing students and medical assistant externs.
- Collaborates with the Quality Improvement team on successful implementation of level III Patient Centered Medical Home recognition.
- Assists with the development of the electronic medical record.
- Implementation of transformation at Unity Health Care for nursing/clinical staff.
- Within the job scope, assesses current processes and generates new ideas for improvement while seeking ways to maintain access and quality
- Assists Grant team in the development, implementation, and oversight as assigned of programs related to clinical and educational services.
- Collaborates with other clinical entities to provide specialized training and competencies.
- Coordinates the reviews, revision, development, and evaluation of clinical policies in conjunction with Medical/Clinical leadership.
- Develops and implements mechanism for site specific compliance audits (RN/LPN, MA, self-management plan, documentation, etc.).
- Serves on committees as assigned as the nursing representative.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current DC RN license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Education, and/or health related field (preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience with two years in education and supervision required.
- Additional background in healthcare management (preferred).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Ability to articulate the mission of Unity Health Care through his/her works.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience using electronic medical records preferred.
- Ability to lead and relate well in group learning sessions.
- Experience with underserved population or other special needs populations.
- Independent decision maker and be able to lead and manage people in a motivational and constructive way, individually and in a group setting.
- Excellent work ethic, good people management skills and the ability to perform well in stressful situations.
To apply please view the listing at Unity Health Care.