Health Care for the Homeless Network of King County
The Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) is a community project of Public Health – Seattle and King County. Through a combination of direct and subcontracted services, individuals who are homeless can access care at shelters and other homeless programs, community health centers, and public health clinics.
HCHN subcontracts with community based agencies to operate multi-disciplinary, interagency teams organized by geographic sub regions of King County. Services are provided at more than 40 sites, including shelters, day centers, transitional housing, a sobering support center, and community health centers. Services include street outreach, primary care, dental care, nursing care, mental health and substance abuse services, case management, linkages to housing, eligibility assistance, a 34-bed medical respite program, and referrals. HCHN provides technical consultation and training for shelter staff on health and safety issues. Services for people who are homeless are also available at 10 public health clinic sites.
Linkages are with numerous health, human services, and government entities, including community health centers, Harborview Medical Center, and King County mental health and substance abuse service system. HCHN is a member of State and local homeless coalitions, a regional Committee to End Homelessness, and Washington State Association of Community and Migrant Health Centers. HCHN collaborates with public health programs, including primary care and dental clinics, TB clinic, HIV/AIDS program, WIC, and family planning agencies.
Estimated homeless population: 25,000
Patients served: 22,300
- Country Doctor Community Health Centers 500 19th Ave East, Seattle, WA 98112 Contact: Linda McVeigh (206)299-1600 email@example.com
- Evergreen Treatment Services 1700 Airport Way South, Seattle, WA 98134-1618 Contact: Ron Jackson (206)223-3644 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harborview Medical Center Pioneer Square Clinic 206 Third Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98104 Contact: Edward Dwyer-O'Connor (206)744-1500 email@example.com
- HealthPoint Community Health Clinic 955 Powell Ave SW, Suite A, Renton, WA 98057-2908 Contact: Alona Koehler (425)203-0475 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neighborcare Health Community Health Centers: 45th Street Clinic 1629 North 45th Street, Seattle, WA 98103-6701 Contact: Tricia Madden (206)548-2947 email@example.com
- Neighborcare Health Community Health Centers: Pike Market Medical Clinic 1930 Post Alley, Seattle, WA 98101 Contact: Tricia Madden (206)548-2947 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Indian Health Board 611 12th Avenue South, PO Box 3364, Seattle, WA 98195 Contact: Becky Corpuz (206)324-9360 email@example.com
- University of Washington Division of Adolescent Medicine Box 357920 Seattle, WA 98195 Contact: Dr. Leslie Walker (206)987-1364 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation 2704 "I" Street NE, Auburn, WA 98002 Contact: Dan McDougall-Treacy (253)632-0470 email@example.com
- YWCA of Seattle-King County 1118 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 Contact: Scott Pinegar (206)436-8670 firstname.lastname@example.org