Health Care for the Homeless Network of King County
The Health Care for the Homeless Network (HCHN) is a community project of Public Health – Seattle and King County. Through a combination of direct and subcontracted services, individuals who are homeless can access care at shelters and other homeless programs, community health centers, and public health clinics. HCHN collaborates with public health programs, including primary care, mobile medical, dental clinics, TB nd STD clinics, maternal support services, school based health and family planning programs as well as contracted community agencies providing medical, behavioral health, and enabling services.
HCHN subcontracts with community based agencies to operate multi-disciplinary, interagency teams organized by geographic sub regions of King County. Services are provided at more than 40 sites, including shelters, day centers, transitional housing, a sobering support center, and community health centers. Services include street outreach, primary care, dental care, nursing care, mental health and substance abuse services, case management, linkages to housing, eligibility assistance, a 34-bed medical respite program, and referrals. HCHN provides technical consultation and training for shelter staff on health and safety issues. Services for people who are homeless are also available at 10 public health clinic sites.
Linkages are with numerous health, human services, and government entities, including community health centers, Harborview Medical Center, and King County mental health and substance abuse service system. HCHN is a member of State and local homeless coalitions, a regional Committee to End Homelessness, and Washington State Association of Community and Migrant Health Centers. HCHN collaborates with public health programs, including primary care and dental clinics, TB clinic, HIV/AIDS program, WIC, and family planning agencies.
Estimated homeless population: 30,000
Patients served: 20,707 in 2017
- Catholic Community Services 100 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144 Contact: Bill Hallerman, Agency Director (206)328-5908 email@example.com Contact: Don Clayton, Clinical Director (206)726-8683 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Country Doctor Community Health Centers 500 19th Ave East, Seattle, WA 98112 Contact: Raleigh Watts, Executive Director (206)299-1628 email@example.com
- Evergreen Treatment Services 1700 Airport Way South, Seattle, WA 98134-1618 Contact: Chloe Gale, REACH Team Co-Director (206)223-3644 firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: Kelley Craig, REACH Team Co-Director (206)223-3644 email@example.com
- Friends of Youth 13116 ND 132nd Street, Kirkland, WA 98034 Contact: Karina Wiggins, Homeless Youth Services Director (425)869-6490 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harborview Medical Center 206 Third Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98104 Contact: Tricia Madden, Director, Downtown Programs (206)744-1500 email@example.com
- HealthPoint Community Health Clinic 955 Powell Ave SW, Suite A, Renton, WA 98057-2908 Contact: Katherine Gudgel Manager of Community & Social Services (425)203-0906 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neighborcare Health Community Health Centers Pacific Tower 1200 12th Avenue South, #401, Seattle, WA 98144 Contact: Joanna den Hann Homeless & Housing Programs Manager (206)548-3875 email@example.com
- University of Washington Division of Adolescent Medicine PO Box 357920 Seattle, WA 98195 Contact: Dr. Leslie Walker, Clinical Lead (206)987-1364 firstname.lastname@example.org