Visit Your Elected Officials’ Offices While in D.C. for HCH2017!
Hill Visit Meeting Materials:
Tips for Conducting a Successful Meeting
- Keep meetings to five people or less. Check in with the staffer shortly before the meeting to let them know how many people are coming.
- Be prepared to say everything you want to say in 15 minutes or less.
- Thank them for meeting with you, and stay cordial and polite no matter how you feel about their political views.
- It’s okay to not know everything. If they ask you a question that you don’t know the answer to, simply tell them you would be glad to follow up (and actually follow up or let us know and we will.
- Remember: they work for YOU, and YOU are the expert.
- Take a photo and let us know how your meeting went!
- How to have a successful meeting with a legislator (or staff person).
- What is advocacy and why do we do it?
- Integrating HCH service with advocacy
We will be updating this page regularly. Check back in for more information and resources on making your meeting a success!
Email Regina Reed, Health Policy Organizer, or call (443) 703-1337.
*Hill visits are not funded using public resources