HCH2017 Consumer Subsidies
The call for applications has closed.
Through a Cooperative Agreement with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the National Health Care for the Homeless Council (Council) will provide a limited number of Consumer Conference Subsidies to support consumer participation in the 2017 National Health for the Homeless Conference & Policy Symposium (Conference) occurring June 21 – 24, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
- HCH Grantees, for this purpose, are agencies that receive HCH grants from HRSA under Section 330(h) of the Public Health Service Act, or their subcontractors or sub-grantees (as listed in our HCH Grantee Directory).
- Consumers are defined as people who have experienced homelessness and have received services from the HCH grantee. This Consumer Conference Subsidy is offered to HCH grantees to help support the attendance of consumers at NHCHC National Conference. The attendee should be one of the following:
- Members of HCH grantees’ Board of Directors, or
- Members of Consumer Advisory Boards of HCH grantees, or
- Employees of HCH grantees.
A maximum Conference subsidy of $2,000.00 will be provided for each HCH Grantee whose application is accepted. This subsidy is for one consumer to attend the conference. The subsidy includes the following:
- Conference registration fees: $480 which includes the registration fee for a Learning Lab on Saturday.
- Hotel costs for three nights: $953.50 (Wednesday June 21 – Friday June 23, 2017)
- Incidentals such as pay-per-view TV, room service, or telephone calls from the room will not be available without a separate payment guarantee (a credit card provided) at check-in.
- Per Diem: $241.50
- The Per Diem allowance includes meals on travel days and meals not provided at the Conference, plus daily incidentals.
- The remaining $325 is available for reimbursement of transportation related costs. Grantees are responsible for arranging and paying for all ground or air transportation to and from the conference, including airfare, bus or train fare, and taxis or shuttles. Reimbursement for transportation related costs will be made after the Conference and must be received at the Council in Nashville, Tennessee by July 7, 2017. Grantee must submit a reimbursement request in writing with appropriate documentation. No reimbursements submitted after July 7, 2017 will be accepted.
Travel planning should provide for arrival at the hotel in Washington, D.C., in time for the NCAB Orientation Meeting at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2017, and leaving after the Learning Labs end at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 24, 2017.
A large national conference in an unfamiliar setting is potentially overwhelming for any conference participant. To help assure a positive experience for all consumers, NCAB has developed a mentoring program pairing experienced NCAB leaders with new consumer attendees to provide orientation and on-going support for each new consumer, both before and during the Conference. A member of NCAB leadership will be contacting all first-time attendees prior to the Conference regarding mentorship, so please ensure consumer contact information is as reliable as possible. If you have attended previously but would still like a mentor, please contact Katherine Cavanaugh, Consumer Advocate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (443) 703 – 1320. All NCAB steering committee members, Regional Representatives, and the staff of the Council will be available to assist during the Conference, as well.
Priority for selection will be in the following order:
- Consumer is presenting at the 2017 Conference
- Consumer who has not previously attended a NHCHC National Conference
- Consumer who is nominated by a Consumer Advisory Board or Board of Directors.
- Consumer who is a member of a Grantee’s Board of Directors.
- Consumer is currently employed at a HCH Grantee
Application & Reimbursement Schedule
In order for this application to be complete, the nominated consumer must complete two forms: the Consumer Subsidy Application Form and the Consumer Agreement, and the HCH Organization Representative must complete the HCH Organization Representative Agreement.
To be considered, the Council must receive signed applications using the form below no later than Friday, March 24, 2017. Applications may be filled out online or mailed to Katherine Cavanaugh, 421 Fallsway, Baltimore, MD 21202, faxed to (410) 837-8020, or e-mailed to Katherine Cavanaugh at email@example.com.
Decisions regarding consumer Conference subsidy applications will be communicated to applicants and consumers via email by April 28, 2017. A reimbursement claim form will be provided with the notification of award.
Reimbursement claim forms must be submitted to the Council no later than July 7, 2017. Submissions received after that date, will not be considered for payment. Copies of receipts of all claims will be required for reimbursement.
If you have any questions please contact: Katherine Cavanaugh, Consumer Advocate, firstname.lastname@example.org or (443) 703 – 1320.