Learn how to achieve excellence in clinical practices in medical respite care with the Clinical Track at our Medical Respite Training Symposium in Phoenix, AZ, from October 1-2. These CME-accredited workshops highlight a diversity of clinical issues and techniques for establishing effective procedures around difficult topics encountered in medical respite, including palliative care, cognitive disorders, staffing, harm reduction methods, and more. You will also learn the importance of self-care and skills to defend yourself from burn-out, vicarious trauma, and compassion fatigue.
What’s In Store in Our Clinical Track?
- Clinical Pearls for Success in Medical Respite
- Utilizing Harm Reduction in Addressing Substance Use in the Respite Setting
- End-of-Life Care/Palliative Care: Models and Challenges in a Medical Respite Setting
- Managing Cognitive Disorders in Medical Respite Programs
- Self-Care Is Quality Care with Matt Bennett, Nationally Renowned Trauma Expert
We hope you’ll join us as we explore the future of medical respite care with leading experts from across the United States. Please note that the cutoff date for booking hotel rooms through our room block at Embassy Suites Biltmore is Sept. 9.
Apply for Consumer Subsidies by August 31!
The Council is excited to provide subsidies for individuals who have or are currently experiencing homelessness who have benefited from medical respite care to attend our Symposium. Scholarships will cover lodging, meals, registration fees, and up to $200 in travel expenses. Contact Michael Durham by August 31 to nominate a candidate.