Managing medical respite care can be challenging, and providers and administrators must balance competing priorities and achieve a high level of programmatic excellence to provide quality care. Our Advanced Operations Track at our Medical Respite Training Symposium in Phoenix, AZ, from October 1-2 offers CME-accredited workshops tackling a variety of issues to make your medical respite care program function at its best. These intensive workshops explore how to include consumers in decision-making, ways to tangibly demonstrate the value of medical respite care, data collection methods, housing strategies, evaluating the safety and security of your program, and much more.
What’s In Store in Our Advanced Operations Track?
- Why Would We Pay You to Do That? Demonstrating the Value of Medical Respite Care
- Collecting, Tracking, and Reporting Data for Medical Respite: Tricks of the Trade
- From Recuperation to Life-Long Leadership: Consumer Governance in Medical Respite
- Risky Business: Safety and Security in Medical Respite Programs
- Medical Respite and Housing: Housing Strategies at Discharge
Join us for what promises to be an enriching two days of exploring the future of medical respite care with leading experts from across the United States.
- The deadline to apply for Consumer Subsidies is August 31. The Council offers subsidies for individuals who have or are currently experiencing homelessness who have benefited from medical respite care to attend our Symposium. Scholarships will cover lodging, meals, registration fees, and up to $200 in travel expenses. Contact Michael Durham to nominate a candidate.
- Don’t forget to book your room! The cutoff date for booking hotel rooms through our room block at Embassy Suites Biltmore is September 9.
Explore Medical Respite Up-Close in Site Visits to Circle the City!
See MR care in action with site visits to two of Circle the City’s respite centers. On both days of the Symposium, you will have the opportunity to tour the Midtown Respite Center at 10-11:30 a.m. and the Downtown Respite Center at 1-2:30 p.m. Circle the City’s respite centers are among the nation’s leading models for holistic, integrated homeless health care for people experiencing homelessness to recover from illness or injury. Learn more.