Creating new medical respite services doesn’t happen overnight–it takes funding, staff, partnerships, and vision to build these vital programs. Learn how with the Planning/Start-Up track at our Medical Respite Training Symposium in Phoenix, AZ, from October 1-2. Five of our 17 CME-accredited workshops will introduce you to the foundations of medical respite care, from creating new programs to expanding them through hospital partnerships.
What Will You Learn in Our Planning/Start-Up Track?
- Fundamental Issues for Establishing a Medical Respite Program
- Just Do It: Starting Small in Medical Respite
- A Values-Based Approach to Recruiting, Training, and Retaining Medical Respite Staff
- Building a Sustainable Program: Funding Approaches to Start and Grow Medical Respite Care
- Approaching Hospitals for Collaboration and Funding Purposes
- An introduction to the Respite Care Providers’ Network’s foundational Medical Respite Standards, Directory, and Toolkit
We hope you’ll make plans to join us in October! Please note that the cutoff date for booking hotel rooms through our room block at Embassy Suites Biltmore is Sept. 9.
In the spirit of our founding principle of consumer leadership, the Council is providing subsidies for individuals who have or are currently experiencing homelessness who have benefited from medical respite care to attend our Symposium. Scholarships will cover lodging, meals, registration fees, and up to $200 in travel expenses. Contact Michael Durham by August 31 to nominate a candidate.