The National HCH Council’s 2016 Fall Regional Training will offer an intensive half-day workshop on “Training Frontline Staff to Collect Data on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity” presented by the National LGBT Health Education Center at the Fenway Institute.
Enhance your understanding of HCH care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) patients in this interactive training with nationally recognized speakers. Collecting sexual orientation and gender identity (SO/GI) data can lead to population health improvements for LGBTQ patients, and HRSA now requires these data to be included in Uniform Data System reporting for CY 2016. This training will equip attendees with concrete strategies for training frontline staff at health centers to collect, quality check, and apply SO/GI data in a culturally sensitive and confidential manner.
Please join us for this and other informative workshops at our 2016 Fall Regional Training from September 22-23 in Louisville, KY.
What We’re Excited About for Louisville 2016:
- Sessions on critical HCH topics such as:
- Possible Medicaid Expansion Changes in Kentucky: What’s Next Based on Lessons Learned in Indiana
- Social Determinants of Health and Primary Care Practice
- Consumer Engagement: Building Effective Organizational Structures
- Patient Satisfaction: A Conversation for Health Care for the Homeless Programs
- 20 consumer subsidies will be offered for individuals who have experienced homelessness and used services at an HCH site: