Women’s Health Care
Healing Hands Newsletters
- Decreasing Unintended Pregnancy Among Women Experiencing Homelessness (2012)
- Pregnant and Homeless (2001)
- Women’s Health Care: Show Me the Way to go Home (2000)
- Trauma & Homelessness (1999)
Adapting Your Practice: Treatment & Recommendations on Reproductive Health Care for Homeless Patients (2008) – This document is part of the network’s series of practice adaptations developed by clinicians working in HCH projects.
- Stein J, Anderson R, Gelberg L. Applying the Gelberg-Andersen Behavioral Model for Vulnerable Populations to Health Services Utilization in Homeless Women. Journal of Health Psychol, Special issue: Homelessness & Health, 12(5), 2007.
- Donohoe M. Homelessness in the United States: History, Epidemiology, Health Issues, Women, and Public Policy. Medscape Ob/Gyn & Women’s Health, 9(2), 2004.
- Lewis JH, Anderson RM, Gelberg L. Health Care for Homeless Women: Unmet Needs and Barriers to Care. J Gen Intern Med, 18(11):921-928, 2003.
- CDC HPV Vaccine Information for Young Women | Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention- Site content covers why the vaccine is important; who should get the vaccine; vaccine effectiveness and safety; access to free or low-cost vaccines; what vaccinated girls/women need to know; and other ways to prevent HPV and cervical cancer.
- Identifying & Responding to Domestic Violence Among Poor & Homeless Women (2000) | Sharon Melnick & Ellen Bassuk – A collaboration of the Better Homes Fund and the National Health Care for the Homeless Council.
- Keeping Safe on the Streets: A Guide for Providers Working with Homeless Women Living on the Streets | Women’s Violence Prevention Project Alliance | Friends of the Shattuck Shelter, Ltd.
- National Women’s Health Information Center | U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office on Women’s Health | 800 994-9662 | Many resources available in Spanish.
- Vaccinate Women – Vaccinate Women is a free publication produced by the Immunization Action Coalition (IAC), which is known for accurate, timely, succinctly written immunization publications that are delivered electronically and by mail. Vaccinate Women, written specifically for women’s health specialists, is an annual 12-page print publication.
- YogaHOPE – A nonprofit outreach organization dedicated to establishing rehabilitative yoga programs in residential facilities for underserved women in substance abuse recovery, poor and homeless women, and victims of domestic violence.
- Women’s Health | Clinical Directors Network Clinical Education Library – CME-accredited classes related to women’s health and care for mobile populations. Topics include HPV vaccine; clinical assessment of domestic violence; treatment of opioid-dependent pregnant women; and more.