Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning Health
Healing Hands Newsletters
- Van Leeuwen JM, Boyle S, Salomonsen-Sautel S, Baker DN, Garcia JT, Hoffman A, Hopfer CJ. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual homeless youth: an eight-city public health perspective. Child Welfare. 2006 Mar-Apr;85(2):151-70.
- Whitbeck LB, Chen X, Hoyt DR, Tyler KA, Johnson KD. Mental disorder, subsistence strategies, and victimization among gay, lesbian, and bisexual homeless and runaway adolescents. Journal of Sex Research. 2004; 41(4):329-42.
- Cochran BN, Stewart AJ, Ginzler JA, Cauce AM. Challenges Faced by Homeless Sexual Minorities: Comparison of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Homeless Adolescents With Their Heterosexual Counterparts. American Journal of Public Health. 2002; 92(5):773-777.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Youth: An Epidemic of Homelessness (2007) | Nicholas Ray, National Gay & Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute, National Coalition for the Homeless
- Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center | The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center provides a broad array of services for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community, welcoming nearly a quarter-million client visits from ethnically diverse youth and adults each year. Through its Jeffrey Goodman Special Care Clinic and on-site pharmacy, the Center offers free and low-cost health, mental health, HIV/AIDS medical care and HIV/STD testing and prevention. The Center also offers legal, social, cultural, and educational services, with unique programs for seniors, families and youth, including a 24-bed transitional living program for homeless youth.
- Serving Our Youth: Findings from a National Survey of Service Providers Working with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth Who Are Homeless or at Risk of Becoming Homeless (2012) | This report from the The Palette Fund, the True Colors Fund‘s Forty to None Project, and the Williams Institute presents the data assessing the experiences of homeless youth organizations in providing services to LGBT youth.