Karen Rotondo Award for Outstanding Service
The Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians’ Network will present the inaugural Karen Rotondo Award for Outstanding Service during the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference & Policy Symposium* in New Orleans in May 2014. The award honors the memory and legacy of Karen Rotondo, RN, the “Founding Mother” of the HCH Clinicians’ network.
The call for nominations is now closed.
Who Is Eligible for the Award?
- Clinicians who provide hands-on care to homeless individuals and families.
- Clinicians from a broad array of disciplines—nurses, social workers, outreach workers, oral health providers, physicians, case managers, substance abuse specialists, mental health providers, health educators, and many more!
- Current HCH Clinicians’ Network Steering Committee members are not eligible.
- Any clinician may nominate his or her colleague, but self-nominations are not accepted.
What Are the Award Criteria?
- The nominee must be a hands-on caregiver who has advanced the companion goals of ending and preventing homelessness.
- The nominee must demonstrate vision and creativity in his or her work to improve the health and quality of life of homeless people.
- The nominee must go above and beyond his or her job description requirements.
What Is the Selection Process?
- The Clinicians’ Network Membership Committee will review all nominations and select the award recipient based on the stated criteria.
- Clinicians’ Network staff will notify all nominators of selection results at least six weeks before the awards presentation.
What Nomination Materials Do I Need to Submit?
- nomination form completed by the candidate’s supervisor, colleague, or other professional associate
- resume or curriculum vitae for the nominee
- letter from a patient of the nominee describing how the nominee had a positive impact on his/her life
- letter of support from a peer or coworker of the nominee
- digital photograph of the nominee that will be used to promote the awards presentation and displayed at the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference
Please email all application materials to Lily Catalano.
*Nominees should plan to attend the National Health Care for the Homeless Conference. The Clinicians’ Network will provide support to the award recipient to attend the conference and receive the award in person. Thank you for participating in this opportunity to recognize a fellow clinician in the field of health care for the homeless.
Network Award Recipients Since 1996
Distinguished Service Award
Philip W. Brickner, MD
Outstanding Service Award
Melissa Berrios, MSW
Local Hero Award
Linda Barnet, BSN, RN