The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Registered Nurse to provide c basic nursing care to participants in the 35 bed medical respite care program. This position reports to the Respite Care Program Manager and is located at 2301 Lawrence Street, Denver.
The Coalition provides healthcare services for men, women and children residing within the Samaritan House shelter with minor, acute illnesses. Located in downtown Denver, Samaritan House was built in 1986 and specifically designed and constructed for the homeless. It can accommodate over 320 men, women and children each night.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, Coalition staff currently enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
● Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Full-time staff contribute only 1% of their earnings toward their own health coverage, and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We proudly offer coverage to employees’ same-sex or opposite sex domestic partners.
● Dental, vision and flexible spending/dependent care accounts.
● Free basic life and long-term disability coverage.
● 100% retirement plan matching contributions, up to 5% of earnings.
● Extensive paid time-off, including holidays, sick leave and three weeks of annual vacation.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of nursing experience, recent community or home health experience preferred.
- Able to pass automobile insurance carrier’s motor vehicle record investigation.
- Provides nursing care to program participants at Samaritan House, Beacon Place, and The Crossing on an as needed basis as determined by individualized needs assessment.
- Travels between Samaritan House, Beacon Place, and The Crossing to ensure patient needs are being met.
- Works with local hospitals, community clinics, social service agencies, and other CCH programs to ensure appropriate continuity of care.
- Gathers information for a complete patient database including:
- A complete physical and psychological history and assessment
- List of current medications, dosages, and allergies
- Vital signs
- Pertinent information such as laboratory and other test results
- Performs laboratory procedures independently and/or as requested by the healthcare provider.
- Assists program manager in answering the respite referral line and triaging respite referrals based on patient acuity, program requirements and bed availability.
How to Apply
Qualified persons may apply by sending a cover letter and résumé to Liz Solano-Galvan, Respite Care Program Manager. Résumés without a cover letter may not be considered. In addition to information about qualifications, applicants must describe their interest in helping homeless people, including why they think people are homeless. Also, indicate where you first saw this posting.
Cover letters and résumés may be sent to the hiring manager as follows:
- (PREFERRED) By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach documents in either Microsoft Word (.doc) or portable document format (.pdf). In the subject line of your e-mail, include the name of the position (in bold, at the top of this posting).
- By mail to Human Resources, 2111 Champa Street, Denver, CO 80205.
CCH is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in its workforce.