A 30-year-old Health Care for the Homeless program is expanding its dedicated team providing integrated primary care and behavioral health services in Cincinnati, Ohio. Professionals with compassion are needed to work with those who need you most. This federally-qualified health center (330h) serves all ages of individuals experiencing homelessness. We are adding the following new position to our dynamic clinical team:
Health Care for the Homeless Nurse
Cincinnati Health Network
Reports to: Health Care for the Homeless Nurse Manager
Summary: Full-time for patient education, care coordination, and managing chronic conditions.in clinic settings and on the Medical Van
- Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, perform direct and indirect nursing activities in accordance with licensure by the State of Ohio and the policies and procedures of the health center.
- Executes medical orders for specific drugs, treatments, and other diagnostic or therapeutic procedures
- Administers and records medication administration consistent with his/her knowledge of pharmacology in accordance with health center policy
- Conducts preventive health teaching and education
- Provides patient education and chronic care management education to an identified patient population as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
- Provides case management type oversight to an identified patient population as assigned by the Nurse Manager
- Provides guidance to patients and clinic staff regarding clinical issues (i.e. phone triage)
- Work alongside physicians, psychiatrist, nurse practitioners, and medical assistants in an integrated primary care and behavioral health setting.
- Registered Nurse (RN) required, Bachelor of Science Nursing preferred
- Eligibility for registration as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of two years of experience working with underserved populations.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Participation in quality improvement efforts including data collection and follow up.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and a diverse array of professionals and agencies.
- Required continuing education for professional licensure.
- Some non-standard work hours, travel and physical activity is required.
Please send resume and contact information to: Cincinnati Health Network, 2825 Burnet Avenue, Suite 234, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219 or fax to 513-961-0643 or email email@example.com